Thursday, October 02, 2008

Akron Roadrunner Half-Marathon
Incentive for running all summer finally arrived, a trip to Akron, Ohio for the Roadrunner Half-marathon.

1:45:38. The arms raised betrayed my last few slogging miles.

All clean, happy, well rested, more or less ignorant of what was in store. Our awesome hosts were Dwayne (Orange) and Ellen (red). Kids Will, Ben and Josie were still sleeping.

Ernie dressing in the driveway

A nice bonus to the running and Akron visit was seeing Cleveland

We pretty much fit right in.

Two of my underperforming fantasy football players call this home. I stopped by for a pep talk but they weren't in.

Experiencing the biggest roller coaster park in the world, Cedar Point, was also pretty exciting for this guy. I'd been to Disneyland as a kid but never to a place like this.
Now I'm hoping my legs have another one in them this weekend.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

It was fun to see these pictures--thanks for sharing. Good job with the marathon!

Kelly and Janae said...

yes- good job with the marathon. love the raised arm, such a triumphant moment! your comments as always are witty and fun to read...

Log home living said...

Wow--that takes us back to the "hurdler" days. Only now you run without those fences in the way!~~great times on your runs! Thanks for helping me get going--you believed I could. You're awesome!
Mom